The Best Way to Reduce Business Interruption Following a Disaster is to Plan For it NOW.
50% of businesses may never recover after suffering a disaster.
Don't be another statistic.
By developing a SERVPRO® Emergency READY Profile for your business, you minimize business interruption by having an immediate plan of action. Knowing what to do and what to expect in advance is the key to timely mitigation and can help minimize how water and fire damage can affect your business.
Are you ready?
Preparation is a key component for making it through any size disaster, whether it’s a small water leak, a large fire or an area flood. The best time for planning for such events is not when the event happens, but well before it happens. No one ever plans on a disaster, but you can plan for it. Now is the time to ask yourself, “Are you ready for whatever could happen?” The SERVPRO® Emergency READY Profile is a start up approach that provides the critical information needed to begin mitigation and recovery services. It is designed to serve as a quick reference of important building and contact information. By working with SERVPRO’s Emergency READY Profile, your business will receive the benefit of over 40 years of experience in reducing the impact of any natural or man-made disaster. SERVPRO® is a leader in water and fire damage response and can help you quickly get your property back in working order.
The SERVPRO® Emergency READY Profile Advantage
A no cost assessment of your facility.
– This means there is no need to allocate funds, giving you a great value at no cost.
A concise Profile Document that contains only the critical information needed in the event of an emergency.
– It will only take a little time to complete and will not take you away from current projects. But it will save a lot of time if ever needed.
A guide to help you get back into your building following a disaster.
– This can help minimize the amount of time your business is inactive by having an immediate plan of action.
Establishes SERVPRO® of Farmington as your disaster mitigation and restoration provider.
– You have a provider that is recognized as an industry leader and close by.
Identification of the line of command for authorizing work to begin.
– This saves time so we can begin the work of mitigating the damage which can save you time and money.
Provides facility details such as shut-off valve locations, priority areas and priority contact information.
– Having a quick reference of what to do, how to do it and who to call provides solutions in advance of an emergency so that during the emergency you are “Ready for whatever happens.”