Kitchen Fire Safety
From 2010-2014, the U.S. fire department s responded to an average of 166,100 home structure fires that involved cooking equipment per year. These fires caused an average of 480 civilian fire deaths, 5,540 civilian fire injuries, and $1.1 billion in direct property damage.
Here are a few tips on how to prevent kitchen fires and keep your family safe.
- Stay in the kitchen do not leave food unattended on the stove.
- Watch your clothing. Keep long flowing sleeves and large fitting shirts tied back while cooking.
- Keep a fire extinguisher near or in the kitchen
- Do not leave towels or oven mitts close to the hot burner.
- Change the batteries in your smoke detector regularly.
For smoke or fire damage call SERVPRO of Farmington; we are always here to help! (573) 756-5191