Choose SERVPRO of Farmington to Protect Your Home
Mike, our technician, extracting water from a basement family room.
Even small water damages have the potential to cause serious structural and indoor air quality issues over time. The key to avoiding costly restoration is to handle every water problem as a real threat to your property. If you have questions or need help to ensure your property, contact SERVPRO of Farmington at 573-756-5191.
You have so much invested in your home! Choose SERVPRO of Farmington to protect your most valuable asset!
Your home is a reflection of you and makes an impression on all those who enter it. You invest your time, energy, and hard-earned resources to maintain, protect and increase the value of your home. When you need work done on your home, you should expect the very best service at a fair price. That's where SERVPRO of Farmington shines.
Pink Ribbon Day!
SERVPRO of Farmington group photo.
We went from “Team Green” to “Team Pink” in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month. We are dedicating this picture to all those who’ve lost the fight and to those who won’t quit the fight. Together, we’re TOUGHER than cancer. #SERVPROforthecure
Mapping Out Your Escape Plan: Multi- Family Dwelling
Did you know that if a fire starts in your home, you'll have just two minutes to escape? That's why it's important to have working smoke alarms in your home, develop an escape plan and practice that plan. Practice your plan until everyone in the household can evacuate in less than two minutes. Test smoke alarms every month and replace the batteries as needed. Consider placing escape ladders in rooms on upper floors. Identify two exits from every room. Install smoke alarms on every level of the home, including inside and outside each bedroom and in the basement.
Tips for creating and practicing your escape plan:
- Everyone in your household should know two ways to escape from each room in your home.
- Decide where to meet once you get outside.
- If a fire starts, you may have just two minutes to get to safety. So time your fire drills and find out: what’s your escape time?
- Smoke is dangerous. Practice low crawling.
- Teach household members what to do if their clothes catch fire: stop, drop and roll.
Teaching Children About Fire Safety
Fire Safety and Prevention Teacher and Parent Resources
Fire Prevention Week was established to remember the Great Chicago Fire of 1871, which began on October 8. Use these worksheets, activities, and lessons to teach your students/child(ren) about fire safety and prevention. Prepare your students/child(ren) for emergency situations with worksheets and literature on fire readiness. October is Fire Prevention Month, but any time of the year is appropriate to enjoy these resources.
Please visit: https://www.teachervision.com/emergency/teacher-resources/47554.html
1. Go to a firefighter in an emergency. Young children may be scared the first time they see a firefighter in full gear. Explain to children
- What firefighters wear and why.
- How a firefighter can help if there is a fire.
Contact your local fire station to arrange a tour. The children can learn about equipment and become familiar with what firefighters look like and what they do. Or invite firefighters to your classroom so they can put on their gear in front of the children, explain their jobs, and answer children’s questions.
2. Crawl low under smoke.
- Tell children that some fires make lots of smoke, which is dangerous to breathe.
- Show them the safe way to respond when a room fills with smoke: get down on your hands and knees, keep your head up, and crawl outside.
- Ask children to practice with you. Lead them in crawling across the room with their heads up. Repeat frequently to help children remember this important safety strategy.
3. Stop, drop, and roll. When children’s clothes catch fire, their first reaction may be to run. This can make the fire spread faster. Show children the safest way to respond:
- Stop, cover your face, get down on the ground, and roll from side to side until you smother the fire.
- Ask children to practice with you a few times and then split them into pairs. Children can take turns demonstrating to their partners. Repeat frequently to help children learn to stop, drop, and roll automatically.
4. Tell a grown-up. Emphasize to children that matches and lighters are tools that only adults use.
- Tell children that they should not play with or even touch these materials.
- Explain that if they find a match or lighter, they should tell a grown-up immediately.
- Role-play with children in small groups about what to do when they find these types of materials.
Visit www.playsafebesafe.com to learn about the play safe! be safe!program workshops, access free activities for children, and order a low-cost multimedia kit that includes a teacher manual and a DVD with fire-safety lessons.
SERVPRO Services Water Damage
We Answer the Phone Ready to Help!
Call Today! 573-756-5191
SERVPRO of Farmington is available 24 hours a day for water emergencies, large or small. When you area dealing with water damage, immediate action is crucial. A delay of just a few hours can greatly increase the severity of the water damage.
We understand that when you call us, you may be feeling confused, stressed, and vulnerable. You need an expert to guide you through this crisis. SERVPRO of Farmington has the specific water damage training and experience to help you through this tough time. We specialize in water damage restoration-in fact, it's the cornerstone of our business.
What to Expect
When you call, we will ask several questions regarding your water damage emergency. These questions will help us determine what equipment and resources to bring, including how many trained SERVPRO Professionals may be needed.
Our SERVPRO Representative will ask several questions:
- Your name and contact information
- Your insurance information (if applicable)
- The street address of the water damaged home or business
- When did the flooding or water damage occur?
- What caused the water damage (if known)?
- Is there electricity available (on-site)?
SERVPRO of Farmington & Fire Damage
Smoke and soot facts:
- Hot smoke migrates to cooler areas and upper levels of a structure.
- Smoke flows around plumbing systems, seeping through the holes used by pipes to go from floor to floor.
- The type of smoke many greatly affect the restoration process.
Different Types of Smoke
There are two different types of smoke- wet and dry. As a result, there are different types of soot residue after a fire. Before restoration begins, SERVPRO of Farmington will test the soot to determine which type of smoke damage occurred. The cleaning procedures will then be based on the information identified during pretesting. Here is some additional information:
Wet Smoke- Plastic and Rubber
- Low heat, smoldering, pungent odor, sticky, smeary. Smoke webs are more difficult to clean.
Dry Smoke- Paper and Wood
- Fast burning, high temperatures, heat rises therefore smoke rises.
Protein Fire Residue- Produced by evaporation of material rather than from a fire
- Virtually invisible, discolors paints and varnishes, extreme pungent odor.
Our Fire Damage Restoration Services
Since each smoke and fire damage situation is a little different, each one requires a unique solution tailored for the specific conditions. We have the equipment, expertise, and experience to restore your fire and soot damage. We will also treat your family with empathy and respect and your property with care.
Have Questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage?
Call Us Today- 573-756-5191
Mold- Oh no!
About Our Mold Remediation Services
SERVPRO of Farmington specializes in mold cleanup an restoration, in fact, it's a cornerstone of our business. Our crews are highly trained restoration professionals that use specialized equipment and techniques to properly re-mediate your mold problem quickly and safely.
Microscopic mold spores naturally occur almost everywhere, both outdoors and indoors. This makes it impossible to removed all mold from a home or business. Therefore, mold remediation reduces the mold spore count back to its natural or baseline level. Some restoration businesses advertise "mold removal" and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores re microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies many produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45%.
If your home or business has a mold problem, we can inspect and assess your property and use our specialized training, equipment, and expertise to remediate your mold infestation.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today - 573-756-5191
Do you have mold in your duct work?
Sweeping Away years of Dust and Dirt- Reducing Potential for Damage and Health Risks
Since the ventilation systems is often the biggest culprit in poor indoor air quality, inspecting the ductwork should be a high priority. In most cases, the HVAC system has been operating for some time without attention. Dirty ducts can circulate odors, contaminants such as mold, and irritating dust throughout your building or home.
The SERVPRO Proven Duct Cleaning System is Cost Efficient
- The process begins by using patented equipment including a roto-scraper, which automatically adapts to the duct's shape and diameter while traveling though the duct, removing debris and filth before vacuuming begins.
- Next, a powerful push-pull air delivery and collection system transfers the debris from the ducting to a 16-gallon container.
- Air is filtered through a HEPA filtration system, removing 99.97% of particles in the airstream. HEPA filters capture debris and keep the environment clean.
- As an optional process, a sealant or coating product may be sprayed to address odor or microbial concerns.
- Filters will either be cleaned or replaced to remove odor and dirt.
Give Your Wallet A Break! Call Today to Set Up an Appointment - 573-756-5191
Commercial Cleaning Services
Call us today for all your commercial cleaning needs!
You don’t have time to worry about the common wear and tear that gradually soils your office. When grime, odor and moisture challenges go beyond the scope of your regular janitorial staff, call SERVPRO of Farmington. Whether it’s removing an odor problem or deep cleaning flooring or carpets, you can rely on SERVPRO of Farmington professionals to make your workspace look its very best. SERVPRO of Farmington will get the job done right and get it done quickly, because the SERVPRO® Advantage includes these benefits:
- Award-Winning Training
- Nearly 50 Years of Experience
- Exclusive Cleaning Products
Specialty Cleaning Services
SERVPRO of Farmington offers cleaning services ranging from cleaning restaurant hoods to removing biohazard contaminants. They have the specialized training and products to get your property back to business. Their cleaning services include the following:
- Air Ducts and HVAC
- Carpet and Upholstery
- Ceilings, Floors, Walls
- Drapes and Blinds
- Odor Removal
- Trauma and Crime Scene
Attention Property Managers!
Call us today for all your commercial cleanup and restoration needs. 573-756-5191.
At SERVPRO of Farmington our priority is returning damaged property and items to their preloss condition. Whether natural or man-made, a disaster at one of your client’s facilities needs to be handled by professionals who understand the importance of your tenants’ safety. At SERVPRO of Farmington we are trained in helping manage both commercial and multi-family properties during the recovery process while maintaining the security and safety of the facility and tenants. Our professionals work hard and fast to minimize the interruptions for your tenants’ daily operations.
Our experience with property management companies has given us the ability to provide a variety of detailed services for the following types of facilities:
- Multi-Level Commercial Buildings
- Multi- Tenant Facilities
- Shopping Malls
- Apartment Complexes
- Industrial Facilities
The #1 choice in Commercial Cleanup and Restoration!